Hoping to help these guys...

Hoping to help these guys...

Sunday 9 October 2016

Somethin' Else. Day twenty-eight, Gainesville to Davenport.

What a difference a day makes- it was gonna be warm with regulation blue skies!

Mind you, this selfish revelling in good fortune is tempered after learning of the death-toll in Haiti of almost 1000, and also seeing both Carolinas take a battering due to Hurricane Matthew, I (and) a lot of other folk were very, very lucky.

Camera (operator) struggles, but they looked wonderful in the sun.
Woo-hoo! Back with a ton...and nearer Miami.
 It was easy to fell upbeat with today's conditions- I had a wind that was either helping a little or across and the miles to Miami were reaching more manageable levels, although I take nothing for granted.
Well helloooo Florida! Er, again. Great road though!
Ahh, just some high-end stables...
 The temperature climbed to 36c eventually, so I emptied quite a few water bottles along the way. As the morning wore on, the traffic grew busier...perhaps usual for a Saturday but also maybe folks returning home?
Move. Move now!
 It was back to a couple of beeps again today which was excellent: I stitched myself up when one car driver shouted, "Right on, Man!" to me and I duly increased my tempo as we started a small drag...and then traffic lights.

This meant he had to pass me again, and he duly shouted again and I was pretty much at my limit all the way up but couldn't let-up until he was out of sight and allowed myself a mild coronary, hah-hah!
'Deh-neh-neh...neh-neh-neh-neh-neh': and that Jag ain't a fine import either, Sarge.
Too. Many. Gags.
There isn't much else to report for today (not least because I'm toast) so I'll sign-off with a few ropey photos as per, but an ace tune...cheers!

It only takes a minute to get there, girl. Left at the lights. Can't miss it.
Here-here!
Yes! Stealing a few more yards nearer...
All Rangers matches screened. Apparently.
Yeah, cheers.
After a false start elsewhere, this place was the business- wish I could've stayed...
Ps...All being well, it'll be more Hwy 27 for me tomorrow, a lot more...let's get on with it!

Only about the finest & funnest cover ever!



Please see if you can spare a couple of quid or whatever to help Bloodwise and Combat Stress. Here are those links if you are able to donate:

- To donate to Bloodwise, please click 'here'!

- Please click 'on this bit' to support Combat Stress.

I know that the two charities and the people that they help appreciate all your help. Good on you!

ps if you are kind enough to donate, and select 'anonymous', I can't 'see' who you are, unlike on Just Giving. So apologies if you were thinking that the miserable tw*t hasn't even e-mailed me to say thanks, hah-hah!

2 comments:

  1. a couple of tons and you'll be there guv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully just the one, thanks! We'll see how tomorrow goes...

      Delete