Hoping to help these guys...

Hoping to help these guys...

Monday 19 September 2016

Roadhouse Blues. Day eight, Billings to Sheridan.

Pretty much the first sign I see today: you couldn't make it up!
Up, up and away from balmy and breezy Billings before 8am, heading to a McDs for breakfast and a couple of Oat Pots for up the road. They are a brilliant idea, honestly...
Hurrah! Bye Montana, hello Wyoming!
There were a couple of climbs too, but nothing awful. Funny how one or both knees will complain a bit, early on. Thankfully nothing drastic and certainly no Ibuprofen or similar reached for.
Early-doors cloud, but still dependably big!
All going fine until after 15 miles, when *hiss*...looks like my anti-puncture idea came to nought. Number four- It seems it's just a case of 'when', not 'if'. Mildly frustrating, ahem...
Post-puncture break. And educational!
Not too much more today, if I'm honest, hah-hah!
A memorial at Apsaalooke.
Other than that, no nonsense to report gladly although I did get my first bit of abuse today...a crimson SUV that had seen better days charged along past me (not close) with some berk shouting what sounded like "...get off our roads!". Fair point, well made.

Bizarrely, I thought the angry fellow sounded Australian. Not inconceivable, right? Anyway, I got way more 'beep-beeps' today, along with a few people at food-stops asking what I was doing. A few hours later I was wondering myself, hah-hah!
Really where the kick came from, right?
Your daily dose of art. You're welcome.
If it's a Sunday/anyday, then it's a railroad shot!
Art and commerce: living together in perfect harmony.
Just about the finest thing that McDs do...
I overheard one bloke say it was about 500 yards away, but never-mind.
Seeing as how there was nothing else here, facilities-wise, I headed back out and enjoyed a bit of wind assistance: it was warm enough too...at times up to 31c. Hence I was glad to find this ropey-looking convenience store later on. That was enough to carry me to the end in Sheridan, just...
Glad to see this for refills. 
Mourne Mountains over yonder. Just checking if anyone reads this, hah-hah!
No offence Montana, but you are pretty big: it's good to have a change!
Why named so? The American Company That Makes Everything. Could well be nonsense though!
It was no gimme today, and I was pleased to see my motel. Super-efficient check-in and they had a decent-looking restaurant too: so shower, admin and get in there!

Do all that and I walk in to the bar when the bloke says that he's stood the staff down...d'oh! Ok then, plan Z it is...Pizza Hut! The best thing about it was the cold Corona...cheers!
Well, I hope it's the end of the trail just for today...
On my way to Pizza Hut, I saw this. Lads, have you thought this through? 
Lo and behold, the Hut has cold Corona. Cheers!
The sponsorship is going great guns but there is a little way to go. Please see if you can spare a couple of quid or whatever to help Bloodwise and Combat Stress. Here are those links if you are able to donate:


- To donate to Bloodwise, please click 'here'!

- Please click 'on this bit' to support Combat Stress.

I know that the two charities and the people that they help really appreciate all your help.

YES, IT'S HERE FOR THE STATS!

RELIVE TODAY'S JAUNT BY CLICKING HERE!

If it's any comfort, tomorrow night's acco is worse!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work feller. Unbelievable luck on punctures though! Loved all the shots from that classic American car museum. By the way, I can't believe you left Montana behind without getting a pic of a bloke wearing dungarees. You need to knuckle down on that one! Also, can we have a selfie with you and the prettiest waitress you can find in the state of Wyoming. A FB post dedicated to all attempts at fulfilling this task would be just grand, and is bound to make my morning commute go so much quicker. Onwards!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of time to get that photo of an (even) older timer with me: last night's diner focused on food and service...I think that's the politest way of putting it, hah-hah! And great it was too. Stay tuned...

      Delete